Tuesday, March 4, 2014

EFT - Tapping and stress release

Stress is a constant in our lives, such a constant that we actually don’t realize we are under stress, we think it’s “just part of life.” 

We erroneously think we have not control over our stress and how it effects us.


It can be a vicious cycle. 

 When we are stressed ... our body can begin to feel pain or sick... when our body is in pain or exhibiting symptoms of sickness we can feel stressed... and so on ...

There are many natural tools and techniques that can help us to relive our stress reactions and provide healing to our body. One of these powerful techniques if EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique, also referred to as tapping.

Countless people have reported that EFT helps them to release stress, anxiety, self-judgment, pain and many other physical problems, and in many cases, it gives them almost instant results.

EFT is a psychological acupuncture, an emotional version of acupuncture, designed and developed by Gary Craig, a Stanford Engineer, from Dr. Roger Callahan's Thought Field Therapy.

EFT stimulates some of the same acupuncture and acupressure meridian points but does so by tapping rather than the use of needles or pressure. In each of these modalities, there is a strong belief in a connection between your body's life force energy, your emotions, and your health.

EFT has been reported successful in countless cases often working where nothing else will.

EFT is recommended by natural practitioners as well as traditional medical doctors, such as Dr. Mercola and Dr. Oz. For more of Dr. Mercola's information on EFT, visit his website. To watch a video of Dr. Oz show when he discussed the Tapping Technique, click here.

Aila Accad, MSN, RN and an Advanced EFT practitioner,  is one of the co-authors in Stress Out, Show stress who's the boss. She explains EFT this way: "This technique works on the same principles as acupuncture without the needles. Think of energy flowing through the meridians just like blood flows through the arteries & veins. When there is a clot, flow is stopped. The tapping breaks up the stuck emotions and thoughts so the energy can flow again." Watch her video of the technique on YouTube.


I have personally used EFT to release the effects of stress, increase clarity of mind, to relieve pain, and on other physical and emotional issues. Although many people report that is can be used on anything, it is not a cure-all or a one size fits all. We each have acceptance of what will work for us based on our experience, opinions and premature cognitive commitments. What we believe, will make a difference in what we accept.  If you ave never used EFT, I would recommend reading the information on Dr. Mercola's page, watching the videos from Dr. Oz and Aila Accad, and working with it for a few times. When we are open to the possibilities of a natural healing, we may find more possibilities are available to us.  I must however, include the disclaimer below. 

Other Testimonials:
EFT is one of the techniques I have used for years. Shortly after being introduced to it, I started using it on everything as they suggest. I felt immediate release from some of the tension and stress that used to be an everyday part of my life. It is something I can use almost everywhere when I start to feel upset, and it works right away for me." ~ Tracy Gelfer ~

“Being a single mother, barely making ends meet in a little apartment in a bad part of town was not how I imagined my life when I was a child, but here I was. I got an email from a friend about EFT. She had used it to help her when she was going through new management at her job and for weeks she wasn't sure if she would get fired. She said it was easy to do and it helped her a lot, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I couldn't afford a class or a coach so I checked it out on the internet. It was easy to understand. All I needed to do was tap certain areas on my face and body, repeat certain sentences and I would feel differently. At first I wasn't sure if anything had happened, so I followed the instructions about doing it more than once. I felt differently almost immediately. One thing I learned was that being very specific was most important. I did this a few times a day and in only a few days I felt calmer. When I was calm I worked better at my job and I had more patience for my daughter. I even had the strength to look for a new apartment in a better part of town. I am thankful my friend told me about EFT.” ~ Name withheld by request ~

Disclaimer. This blog and the book Stress Out, show stress who's the boss offer suggestions in the form of comments, testimonials, personal stories, and advice and action steps. It is not intended as medical or psychological advice. The suggestions may be invaluable in your personal journey toward health, however, you are the ultimate authority on what is appropriate for yourself. The results a person may receive from following the suggestions in this blog or related book are subjective and unique to each individual. There is no guarantee implied or otherwise, that following any of these recommendations will correct the causes of your stress or definitely eliminate the distress you are feeling. The responsibility for use and practice and the results obtained are solely the responsibility of you, the reader. If you are under the care of a medical practitioner for physical health or emotional support, check with your doctor before beginning this or any natural healing program. By following these suggestions, you knowingly, voluntarily, and intelligently assume any risks, including any adverse outcome that might result, and agree to release, indemnify, hold harmless and defend the author and publisher, and their respective heirs, agents, consultants, and employees from and against any and all claims which you, or your representatives, may have for any loss, damage, or injury of any kind or nature arising out of or in connection with reading this blog and using any of the healing techniques suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment